These are super delicious and addicting if you are a chocolate chip cookie lover. My mom gave me this recipe a few months ago and I was blown away by their perfect crisp outside and soft, gooey center. You can make them ginormous as the recipe calls for, or you can make them into regular-sized cookies and they're both equally good.
I think that within the last month Garrett has whipped these babies up at least once a week, they are that good! So I thought I'd share the love........ :)
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 c. butter cut into pieces 1 tsp baking powder
1 c. packed brown sugar 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 c. granulated sugar 1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs 1 (11.5 oz) pkg chocolate chunks
1 1/2 tsp vanilla 1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
1/4 c. sour cream
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
Six Simple Steps
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease them.
2. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Beat on medium-high for two minutes.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt that have already been sifted together. Add chocolate chunks and pecans. Mix just until combined.
4. Use 1/4 c. measure or medium-sized ice cream scoop to and fill the measure to heaping (if wanting to make giant cookies). Form dough into balls and place 6 balls of dough 3 inches apart on each of the prepared baking sheets.
5. Place baking sheets on two center racks of oven. Bake 14-16 minutes switching the cookies sheets--top and bottom--halfway through.
6. Allow baked cookies to cool on baking sheets for 1 minute before lifting them off with a spatula. Enjoy!
FYI, this is a super giant cookie. They won't all be this big! Oh, and that is a Silpat on my cookie sheet. If you bake/cook often, do yourself a favor and get one! :)