September 24, 2013

Dare to Stand Strong

"Dare to be a Mormon.
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm.
Dare to make it known."


This video inspired this year's "Standards Night" for the Young Women in our congregation. 
As some may or may not know, we Mormons are kind of an odd group of people. 
We don't drink alcohol. 
We don't consume teas, tobacco, or coffee.
We don't go to the movies, out to eat, or to the store on Sundays. 
We don't wear tank tops or short shorts and strive to keep our dress modest.
We refrain from watching vulgar media and forms of entertainment. 
While we don't (we shouldn't) judge others who don't have the same standards, 
we do believe that the Lord has set forth these standards for our benefit and protection.
I personally believe that living by the standards that the Lord has set for the youth has made me a happier and healthier person than I may have been otherwise, even though keeping them (even in my adulthood) isn't always easy.
I am inspired by the Young Women that I teach in church who strive to keep these standards, who dare to stand alone during times when such standards are completely "un-cool".  
Keep up the great work, girls.  
I am so proud of you, but most importantly, I know that your Heavenly Father acknowledges and is proud of your efforts to stand strong. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...