June 23, 2013

Hodge-Podge of June Happenings

We have had the most beautiful June with no rain and sunshine everyday with temps 70+ degrees.
This has been a huge blessing.  
Although I have been dead-tired and sick, I have forced myself to get us out (almost) every day to play at the park, lake, Grandma's house, Grannie's pond, or even for a quick trip to get the girls an ice cream cone.  I feel pretty ragged and sometimes have a hard time getting myself out of the bathroom and off the couch, but it will be worth it to have nice memories of such a busy, fun, sunny Alaskan summer with my family.  This weather plus my busy little ladies are keeping this mama going and I am grateful for it! :) 


The weekend before my birthday, we got to spend one last "hoorah!" with the Flowerdews, Johnsons, and Reynolds families all  together before the Reynolds (Garrett's sister) move to California. 
It was fun to chat over dinner and then go watch a movie together.


And of course it was nice to spend some kid-free time with the never-serious but always-handsome Garrett:



The following Monday was my birthday and the hottest day of the century (so far).  93+ degrees saw us scootin' our little hineys to Grannie's pond for a picnic with cousins and friends and water fun for the kids. 



A little "body sass":

It was such a fun afternoon and has me excited for some more girl-cousin-bonding-time at our Oberg Reunion next week!

And then that handsome man of mine brought this home from Coldstone after work:  

Happy Birthday to me!  (It was the most heavenly thing ever.)


We've made a handful of trips to Wasilla Lake where we can spread out of the lawn, watch the kids swim in shallow water and play in the sand, soak in the sun, and pull out Garrett's bean bag toss game.





Of course those energy-zapping lake days usually end in bath time followed by snuggles on the couch with Daddy watching a movie.


Of course this summer hasn't come without its plethora of mosquitos.  
Though my girls are covered head-to-toe in mosquito bites, I couldn't help but feel a little sympathy over this one that Lila acquired:

Kenadie laughed and laughed at her and called it her "swirly eye" (I think she meant "swollen"?).
It didn't seem to bother her too much, but she sure did look pitiful (and I might have had a little chuckle  or two over her Quasimodo appearance the next few days....).  


Thank you, Alaska, for this beautiful month!  
Now no matter how nice the next few days are, I have to remain inside cleaning, doing laundry, packing, and preparing for our Utah/Idaho trip in a few short days.
I am so looking forward to this trip and spending oodles of time with the whole fam!  

I'll leave you with one of a few dozen selfies that Kenadie took of herself with her new purple hair extension clip-in that she got yesterday:

(The combination of tired, sick, and pregnant makes me weak-willed in the parenting department and my girls know it!  They are being spoiled with cheap little bribes gifts (like hair extension clips) that I would normally never get them and they are practically getting away with murder these days.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who's parenting skills lack at times like these?! :))


1 comment:

Meg said...

Looks beautiful up there, and it makes me want to visit you again. In the meantime, I'm excited that you're going to be in MY neck of the woods! Are you still up for getting all four roomies together next weekend? I'll call you and work it out soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...