February 27, 2012

I love my days off because of the following.....

Today while at the grocery store, I told Kenners that if she was really good, she'd get a treat when we left (anything to bribe good behavior and save my sanity, right!?).  When we were at the checkout counter, Kenadie picked a roll of Rolos for her treat.  She so sweetly and gently placed the Rolos on the belt so it could be rung up.  I proceeded to turn around and unload the rest of the groceries  onto the belt.  I turned around not 30 seconds later to see that Kenadie had unwrapped the Rolos and shoved all but two piece into her mouth. Chocolate dribbling down her chin, she looked at me as if to say, "Wha!?" 

Later in the afternoon after I had finished a few freezer meals, I went into my bedroom to find this mess:

next to this little angel:

Sadly, Kenadie has stopped napping regularly, but when she does nap it's always because she has fallen asleep watching a movie.
So when I really need her to take a nap, I just sit her on the couch, turn on a movie, and see her nod off within 20 minutes. 
And then she's just too cute not to photograph. 

And then I get a little more one-on-one time with this angel:

who has, by the way, learned to play peek-a-boo and has the pincher grasp down pat so she can shove every little crumb or piece of lint into her mouth that she crawls upon (I have recently become motivated to sweep and mop a little more often).
I love my days off and look forward to a day when I can do this full-time.  
Yes, the tantrums, messes, snotty noses, and blow-outs are not necessarily "fun", but is there really anything better than getting to be with such cute, funny, and sweet children?  I hope that someday when I have become a seasoned stay-at-home-mom, have my arms full of children, and am surrounded by chaos that my mind will take me back to this time when all I long for is to be surrounded by this madness everyday, because I crave it like crazy!

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Those sweet girls are getting so darn big! I bet you do cherish your days off, but I bet your girls love them just as much! I miss your cute little family! I'm glad everything is going well. That chocolate silk ribbon pie looks so yummy.....I might ask to steal that recipe! My girls don't nap anymore at all. I would love to be able to lay them down every now and then. Sometimes I swear they still need it, or maybe their mom just needs it.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...