February 18, 2012

Love is in the air.....

.....and on my hips!

This Valentine's Day, I made my Chocolate Silk Ribbon Pie.
Not to toot my own horn, but it is deeeeee-vine!
I think that's what you get when you beat one egg at a time into the pie filling for five minutes each and the recipe calls for 8 eggs.  Yes, that adds up to 40 minutes of beating. 
But so worth it.  
-------------------
Even more tasty was smooching the livin-daylights out of this little cherub. 
I swear she seems to be growing up soooo much faster than Kenadie did, especially when I haven't seen her in a few days.  It kind of makes me sad.  Can't she just wait to grow up until I'm around to see it everyday!?
She is army-crawling everywhere these days and is super happy about it.
She adores her big sister, has finally decided she will cooperate when I feed her from a spoon, refuses to learn to sit up by herself, and continues to be the most perfect, most adorable baby ever.
-------------------
Not to be left out of the Valentine's lovin' is Kenners:

We had a nice little Valentine's pedicure and manicure while Lila took a nap.
We danced around the house to some of her favorite songs: "Tonight, tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae, "Baby" by Justin Bieber, and "Here I Go" by Kenadie's cousin, Alani Claire.  
Kenadie also celebrated this day by pooping in the potty, which she is often deathly afraid of.  Atta girl! 
When Garrett brought me home a bouquet of flowers that evening, "Kenadie grabbed it and shouted, "Oh, thank you so much, Garrett!  I love them!"  
I'm glad that he is her prince charming. :)
---------------------------
And then Garrett and I got to celebrate the evening together by going out for dinner.
Date nights have been extremely rare lately, so it was wonderful to have some kid-free time together (and to stuff ourselves with food that I didn't have to cook!). After dinner we came home and ate heavenly chocolate pie while watching "Contagion".  FYI: the movie was not a good combo with the pie, and was not a nice addition to Valentine's Day.  All I wanted to do after watching that movie was stock up on my year supply of food storage and quarantine myself from anyone who has the sniffles. 
Luckily, Garrett bought a back-up, "A Knight's Tale".  So much better than watching a bunch of people croak on TV.
I'm happy to say that despite a crazy last six months of so much change, so much work, and so little time for each other, I'm still pretty crazy about that guy.


1 comment:

Meghan said...

Will you post your pie recipe. I'm intrigued because it takes so long to make-----i had no idea all this egg beating was important.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...