January 29, 2011

Yesterday

 I was running around trying to get as much done as possible before Garrett got home from his clinical rotation and we headed out for date night.  I filed our taxes, finished up with my CPR re-certification, cleaned and vacuumed, endured several colossal tantrums, did all of the ironing, danced around the apartment with Kenners, made some bread, and actually took more than 5 minutes to get myself ready for the day.  
In the middle of my multi-tasking tornado, I realized that I had forgotten about the bread rising in loaf pans on the counter.  Garrett had just gotten home and was telling me about things he had learned that day when I shrieked, "the bread!" in the middle of his sentence.  I dashed to the kitchen to find an explosion of dough all over the counter top.  My face turned red and I growled, "Noooo!  I could just cuss!" 
"Do it." Garrett encouraged.  (I think he wanted to make himself feel better for letting a little curse word slip that morning when he burned the scrambled eggs--obviously not the finest day in the Christensen kitchen.)  I just swatted him with a wooden spoon.  And still kind of wanted to curse.  The bread didn't really turn out.  First butchered loaves I've baked in probably 10+ years. 

Luckily, I had this comic relief to help me forget about my culinary flop:

In Daddy's Russian fur hat, clutching my cell phone and a baggy of wipes.
Keepin' it classy.



4 comments:

cmc photography said...

Maxx will go for this photo of Kenners- he has has a few of these kinds of days, too! LOL

George and Heidi Skinner said...

I'm in love with that picture! She's adorable!!

Taffy and Tony said...

That hat is AMAZING!

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

that is the best picture i have seen in a long time:):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...