November 13, 2010

Hellooooooo, Snow!

We have had a fabulous Indian Summer the past few months, with temperatures still in the 60s up until this week. 
I have been loving it,
and I have been dreading the impending winter and snow.
The weather forecasters have been saying that we're supposed to have a colder and snowier winter than usual.
Great. 
However, when I woke up this morning and looked out the window to see this:

I was not as miffed as I thought I'd be.
In fact, I am kind of excited.  
I took Kenners out on the balcony to have her first taste and feel of the snow (she loved it).
I pulled out Kenadie's winter coat to make sure it will fit (because this girl grows like a weed). 
And even though she's sweating buckets, Kenners has screamed every time I've tried to take her coat or fairy wings off, she just loves them so much.
I put on Saturday morning cartoons for Kenners while I made minimal progress on my Christmas projects.
I have been admiring my snow-covered shell wind chime:

What a perfect, wintry morning it has been!
And now, I better get my rear into gear and go shopping for some snow pants, snow boots, and mittens for Little Miss so we can go out and play. 
Welcome, winter!  I'm actually kind of happy to see you this morning.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...