October 13, 2010

Self-Reminder

Taped to my bathroom mirror is a yellow, tattered piece of paper with the following words on it:
"I have wept in the night
for the shortness of sight
that to somebody's need made me blind.
But I never have yet
felt a tinge of regret
for being a little too kind."

I put this poem up on my mirror a little over a year ago because I love its words
and figured that I could use a daily reminder to seek others who need kindness and service.
Unfortunately, I fall short of following the wisdom of this poem more often than not, and sometimes the 2 minutes of teeth-brushing and staring at these words can be a little uncomfortable.
I am a work in progress, 
so I will just keep that poem up there as I (hopefully) make progress towards becoming a kinder person....
and aren't they great words to have in your head at the beginning and end of each day?


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think it works Holly!!! You are definitely one of the kindest people I know!!!!!!! {HUGS}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...