May 19, 2010

I've Got the "Bleu"s

Thanks to my sister, Katie, who introduced me to Buffalo Wild Wings,
I have frequent cravings for their boneless wings 
with a side of celery and bleu cheese dip.
Thanks to my husband being a grad student and my meager income,
we never go to Buffalo Wild Wings.
Thanks to us having our church's missionaries over for dinner,
I decided to make something extra special for them:
 Buffalo Chicken Pan Pizza.
Thanks to the missionaries canceling dinner with us last minute,
we have a lot of leftover pizza.
I am pretty happy that I will be having buffalo chicken pizza for the next few days.
Life is really great.


Here's my fav. pizza dough recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp yeast
3/4 c. warm water
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
2 c. flour

1. Dissolve yeast into warm water mixed with sugar.  Let sit for 5 minutes or until yeast foams.
2. Add salt, oil, and 1 cup of the flour. Mix well.
3. Add last cup of flour and knead well for 5 minutes on a floured surface (for regular pizza, I like to knead basil, oregano, and garlic into the dough).
4. Place dough in a greased bowl.  Cover and let rise for one hour.  Dough is ready to use!

The recipe will make enough dough for 1 pan pizza (12''x17'' pan size) with a thin crust, so feel free to double the recipe for two pizzas or if you like a thick crust.

And thanks to my sister, Katie, here's the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza:

Ingredients
~2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
~sour cream (um, 1-ish cups?)
~1 bottle buffalo sauce (I got mine from Buffalo Wild Wings)
~3 stalks of celery, chopped
~bleu cheese crumbles (just pile on as much as you'd like; I used close to 1/2 cup, because I LOVE bleu cheese!)
~2 cups mozzarella cheese (use pepper jack cheese for a spicier pizza!)
~pizza dough (from above recipe), spread out on greased 12''x17'' shallow pan

1. After cooking and chopping chicken, toss it with buffalo sauce and set aside.
2. Mix buffalo sauce--to taste, depending on how spicy and strong you want it--with sour cream and spread on pizza dough.  Top with bleu cheese crumbles, chicken, chopped celery, and mozzarella cheese.  
3. Bake pizza at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
4. Let cool before taking a huge bite in order to avoid burning off the roof of your mouth with hot, melted cheese.
5. Trust me, it hurts.

Oh, and I decided to go extra junk-foody, and made chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.
No missionaries for dinner=lots and lots of chocolate cake at out house. Yikes.
(I frosted the cake when it was still warm, so the frosting melted and ran off the cake.  I was just too impatient and wanted that cake in my mouth asap!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...