April 26, 2013

Keepsakes from Great Grandma

A few weeks ago, I spent the afternoon with my Grannie, aunts, mom, and cousins turning one of my great-grandmother's quilts into angel ornaments for each of her 115+ posterity.  

Aren't they adorable?
To add a special little "Oberg touch" to the project, we used hand-carded wool from my mom and aunt's sheep to use for the angels' hair. 
It will be a great little memento to distribute at our upcoming Oberg Family Reunion this summer.
Thanks for a fun afternoon, Oberg ladies, and thanks to carol for the brilliant idea.  
We can't wait to see everyone in just a few short months for some fun in the sun and water of Bear Lake! 

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Oh they're adorable! I'm so excited to get one of these gems!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...