August 8, 2012

Reminders

Besides running around doing the thousands of things that a nurse does during her busy work day, a spent a chunk of my time yesterday holding and crying with a mother who is losing her 19 year old daughter to cancer.  

My heart just couldn't take it yesterday, and I came home as soon as I could last night to mug on these little faces:



I prefer the gentle reminders of just how blessed I am to have my family and that we enjoy good health, but it's really the not-so-gentle reminders that hit deep and humble me to the core.  

Sometimes I hate my job for the heartbreak and sadness that I see nearly every day that I'm at the hospital, but I'm grateful for the way those experiences motivate me to love my family better, count my blessings, and do something for those going through a difficult time.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...