June 18, 2012

Spoiling Garrett

I know I've bragged on my blog before about how awesome my husband is and what an involved and loving father he is,
so I'll hold on all that mushy stuff and just leave it at this: our family is so lucky to have him.
And so to make him feel extra special this Father's Day (instead of the usual card and bars of super dark chocolate) I decided to get him something he reeeeally wanted: a concert of "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" sung by the lovely Kenners, an artistic masterpiece colored by Kenners, and a set of weights.  
Did you know how expensive weights are!?  $100's for just a set of dumbbells! 
Enter Craigslist, where we found an entire home gym system (with all the dumbbells, free weights, and bars included) for less than what I could have purchased a new set of dumbbells for!  
It's practically new and very heavy-duty.

Garrett is giddy and has already put in a few workouts in the past few days.  He even had me join him for a bunch of squats and bench presses.
Clearly, I am not in great athletic shape, because today I am walking/waddling like a duck and am having trouble sitting down on the toilet.    
Happy Father's Day, Garrett!  We love you so much and couldn't ask for a better  husband and father for our family.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...