May 14, 2011

Fancy Pants

Thursday brought 2 new changes into my life.
#1 was the purchase of this lovely vehicle:


#2 was the arrival of this free little gadget (with the renewal of our cell phone contract):


I don't know quite what to do with either.....

I am so excited/nervous about the Pathfinder!  A reliable car that will fit a whole basketball team of children, runs like new, and will be able to tow our few belongings up to Alaska......can this be real!?  And can Holly Christensen really own a non-beater car!?  This is nuts! 
  I went to the doctor's office yesterday and made sure to park the Pathfinder at the far end of the parking lot away from any other cars for fear of someone dinging or scratching it.  
I know, it's psychotic, but while it may not be a luxury vehicle or "new" by any means, it's new to us and in my little world, it's practically a Rolls-Royce! 
I also feel like I'm about to squash every smaller car I pass on the highway.  
Definitely going to take some getting used to driving something that actually offers ample leg room, sits me greater than two inches from the ground, and does not have a manual transmission....

I also don't know quite what to do with my phone....
Last night I retired my rinky-dinky cell phone that I've had for nearly 5 years and entered the world of touch screen cell phones.  It's no i-phone; it has no data plan or texting plan or internet or anything fancy like that, yet I'm still struggling to figure out how to use it.  How do I get to my contacts?  Why does the alarm keep going off?  Wait, how do I make a phone call again??

....So I've been feeling mighty out of place the past two days with my ginormous SUV and non-dinosaur phone, but I also feel kind of fancy, and you know, fancy is kind of fun! I could get used to fancy....
Welcome to the 21st century, Holly.  :)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Congrats! That car looks fancy-schmansy! And, I totally know what you mean about getting used to a new phone. I finally got rid of my Razr after almost 6 years, and I'm STILL not used to my new phone after 3 months. Have fun with the new toys!

Dr. S said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see you next month! Congratulations on your new car....and phone. Although the car really is much better :) We've had the monster expedition for 6 months now, and I'm still not used to driving it, so good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...