January 12, 2010

Three of the greatest things ever:

1. Being a mom

I rustled up this picture the other day. One of the first photos taken of me and my little angel.
I loved Kenadie from the moment I saw her.
Being this little girl's mommy has been 100x harder but 1,000,000x better than I could have ever imagined. She has the unique ability to make me want to get my tubes tied one night (i.e. two nights ago at 2:30am) so that I will never again put myself through such exhaustion, only to have me wanting another little baby asap hours later (i.e. when she squaks, babbles, and giggles at herself as she looks in the mirror. I love it!).
I know--a little bipolar, but this is the wonderful effect Kenadie has on me.
I love her to pieces no matter what.
It's just a whole lot of perfect to read books to her, feed her cereal and have her spray it all over my face and clothes, watch her squirm around with glee in her bathtub, and watch her sleep:

See? Angel. And a very wiggly angel in her sleep, apparently. (Oh, and she was snoring. :)
Love, love, love being a mommy.

2. Newborn babies.
This is Kyle and Talia's newest addition, just born last night (Jan. 11th).
Talk about a precious baby boy!
We can't wait to meet him. Especially Kenners; she LOVES babies.
Congrats to Talia and Kyle!!


3. Cafe Rio Shredded Pork Burritos
I consumed one of these every single week my freshman year of college (with extra meat and cheese, thank you). It was THE cause of me gaining the "Freshman 15".
And I think I could be a very happy chubby gal if I could eat these all the time.
Fortunately for my waistline, I live far, far away from any Cafe Rio. (sniff. sniff.)
But fortunately, (thanks to my sister), I have the recipe! (hehe)
So since we're having the missionaries over for dinner tonight and I usually like to make them something scrumptious, I'm whipping up the Cafe Rio pork burritos complete with black beans, tangy lime rice, and lime-cilantro dressing.
Heaven!

In other news:
I think I need to repaint my toenails.
What do you think?
I think I painted them back in September, but I don't remember. All I know is this--when only four toenails remain with any sign of being painted, it's time to do something.
Maybe I'll just go finger nail polish-less instead to avoid this sight in the future....

1 comment:

lindagrace said...

Too funny! Your blog is a hoot! You're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...