December 29, 2009

The past week and a half has entailed the following....


1. Flying to Alaska: We got to be the family with the screaming baby on the plane. It was fun.
2. Living in a house with eighteen other people: all blow-up mattresses are in use and all couches have been turned into beds. There is no extra room at the inn.
3. Baking day: 13-14 women spent all day in my grandmother's kitchen making every kind of Christmas goodies, cookie, and candy known to man. Of course we wore our awesome Christmas aprons infused with power to make such a feat possible (and of course I forgot my camera that day).
4. Dancing around the living room with Grandma:

5. Hanging out with aunts and cousins

6. Candle burning on Christmas Eve: A great way to satisfy the pyromaniac tendencies of your children once a year!

7. Opening presents on Christmas Day! I got a lot of great things, but here's my favorite Christmas present:


Does anyone else ever get the urge to squeeze the livin' daylights out of their kids because you can't get enough of their cuteness, or is it just me?


8. Kenadie is in heaven rolling around in the huge piles of wrapping paper.

9. Grandpa getting his fill of the 3 littlest grandbabies:

10. The Chargers beating the dickens out of the Tennessee Titans on Christmas Day. Sa-weet!

11. Kenadie gets the coolest Christmas gift EVER:

Garrett's sisters Adrienne and Nicole are creative geniuses and make these adorable dolls. Kenadie's is the one on the bottom middle. It's filled with millet and lavender essential oils so we can heat it up in the microwave and Kenadie can snuggle up next to her when she goes to bed. And what would you know, Kenadie has slept like a champ with that doll every night! I think I have the best baby on the planet, people. Case in point:

12. I get to SLEEP and feel AWESOME!

13. Garrett, Joey, and Ryan go skiing and snowboarding at Alyeska:

14. I get to use my nursing skills, a lot: My sweet Aunt Peggy is up visiting from Houston for the holidays and she has been in the hospital twice. Once for bronchitis and now again for pneumonia. I've been to the hospital a lot to get the scoop on things since I can actually understand what the doctors are saying and doing, and I've been managing her meds as well. I kind of like being able to use my nursing skills to help her out. Poor thing!


15. Sickness is everywhere: everyone except for Kenadie, Ryan, and myself has gotten really sick and somehow we've still managed to have fun!

16. I toyed with the idea of becoming a brunette with a bob:

Like?

17. Kupa'a (sp?) the dog steals Kenadie's pacifier

18. Kenners gets to meet her Reynolds and Johnson cousins, aunties, and uncles. She LOVES them!


19. Plenty of time with Daddy thanks to Christmas Break!
The following week will entail:

~Seeing a bunch of good family friends
~Eating the monstrous supply of Christmas goodies we made
~Celebrating a few birthdays
~Having a ginormous New Year's Eve bash and trying to squeeze a few more dozen people into this house
~Having a Tortilla Soup party (jealous?)
~Peggy getting out the hospital for good (hopefully soon!)
~Talia (my sister-in-law) having a baby!
~Flying back to Minnesota :( ...but I don't want to think about that part yet....

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I totally want to squeeze my baby all the time! Especially when I put her in a cute new outfit and she'll smile at me with her huge dimples and...ahhh! She's so cute! And I just wanna bite her chubby cheeks :D

Btw, that picture is too funny, of the dog with the pacifier! Lol!

Meg said...

Sounds like TONS of fun, Holly! WOW! Your family always has known how to have a party: squeeze as many family members in as possible! Enjoy them, and send my love!

Unknown said...

Holly! You are so good at blogging!! Before you guys leave, we need to get a pic with all of us TOGETHER!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...