December 6, 2009

The Apron

My mom sent me this apron:


Though I usually cook up a homemade meal about four times a week for dinner, this apron has given me enhanced abilities in the cooking and baking realm. The apron coaxed me to splurge and buy some peppers to make some delish fajitas:

The apron also gave me the super powers necessary to whip up these little babies:
(And this IS a big deal for me. I may be a bread-baking fool, but rolls are not usually my forte.)
So thanks, Mom! My stomach is grateful, as is Garrett's.
So what are Garrett and Kenadie up to while I cook up a storm?
Kenadie is practicing the art of sitting up while Garrett studies:

And when Garrett takes a break from studying for finals (blah!), he serenades Kenadie in her bumbo.

Precious.
And then we pose for a family picture (which I don't think we've had since Kenadie was, oh, about three weeks old!):

The end.

4 comments:

Claire Christensen said...

Hey, I need an apron like that!Yummy rolls and I bet the fajitas were yummy! I love your picture, is Kenadie sticking out her tongue?

Meg said...

I love your mom's aprons! And, I broke out the Mary Jane slippers tonight (the matching ones your mom made us in college), eliciting a good laugh from my friends who were over at the time.

Happy holidays!

Jenny Willardson said...

I got one from Momma W too! And made some delicious Christmas cookies yesterday for friends (plus some for Bret and a BUNCH for me!) Can't wait for baking day in Alaska!

Nicole said...

Such a cute family pic! You guys are too CUTE!! You know, that's how Alani learned to sing so well, Kinau would always serenade her when she was a baby like Garrett is now. Love ya!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...