April 13, 2009

Dia de Pascua

Since my last post was introspective, contemplative, and probably too long and boring for most of you to want to read, I'll liven it up a little and post some Easter pictures of the nieces and nephews. We had so much fun after church watching them hunt for eggs and watching Brooke smile and attempt to giggle. So much fun.
The twins hunting for eggs:

Caden, keeping it cool

Glee!

Is she not the cutest baby ever?


Sisters!
We had our Stake Conference yesterday, which was a broadcast message from President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Dallin H. Oaks to stakes across eight of the Midwest states. It was awesome. Their Easter messages were powerful and inspired me to better serve those around me. Elder Oaks also addressed the economic hard times that many people are going through right now and shared this old, well-known rhyme as he encouraged everyone to live within our means and be frugal:

Fix it up.
Wear it out.
Make it do,
or do without.

I just had to post this little saying because I swear it's been my life motto, especially recently. My closet is still (sadly) full of clothes I've worn since high school, I just got rid of my very old and very cheap black Sunday shoes that have been so worn and scuffed up that I've been repainting them with a sharpie the past two or so years, and I've found a recipe to make my own laundry and dishwashing detergent for less than $0.01 per load (for the recipes, go to iamfrugal.blogspot.com)! Although I sometimes gripe about having to live so frugally, I must admit, it can be kind of a fun game to see how little we can spend on groceries or how far we can make our money stretch. It definitely makes for some great memories and stories, and most of the time, I don't feel "poor" at all! In fact, I'm pretty darn happy! :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...