December 7, 2008

Going against the grain...

I have recently seen a lot of my pregnant facebook/blog friends post "belly pics". I'm excited for all my friends and relatives who are getting ready to have little munchkins. Yay! And I myself am excited to have a little munchkin of my own. However (and maybe I stand alone), I think it's a little strange to post belly pics at 5, 9, 12, and even 14 weeks when all I can see are perfectly flat stomachs! I seriously can't pick out a single baby bump in anyone who is less than 20 weeks along. Therefore, due to the fact that I've actually been losing weight and feel inclined to go against this fad, I regret to announce that I won't be posting belly pics for a very long time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

belly pics at 5 weeks!? good grief! good for you for waiting till you actually have a bump...but maybe you could post a pics of your emaciated body that has resulted from your little munchkin!?! :) That could be fun!? jk!!

Nicole said...

I remember when I was pregnant with Alani, quite thin and my stomach was pretty flat. I would go to church just bursting with happiness knowing I was pregnant. I remember looking down at my stomach at 12 weeks or so and there was no bump. I was almost temped to stick my stomach out. I couldn't wait for the bump. Then.. of course it happens too fast! :) 11 years later.. I really want the bumps to go away! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...