October 29, 2008

Ready for some peace and quiet.....

So is anyone else just REALLY tired of the election? Because it's about to drive me crazy!! I really like to follow politics, so for me this campaign has been going on for two years, and two years of anything is just too much. I think I need a break. It's like I've been eating my same favorite candy for too long and I now need a long break before I'll ever be able to eat that type of candy again (although this campaign has not been nearly as good or sweet as my favorite candy)!

I am especially tired of campaign ads. I even detest the campaign ads of the candidates that I'm going to vote for! They are really starting to get on my nerves! And I have thrown away countless Obama pamphlets, flyers, and yes, even posters that are coming to me in the mail! Ugh! Who seriously wants to decorate their house with a giant poster of a politician, no matter who that politician is or how good-looking he is? He's a politician, not a Brad Pitt pin-up poster from Seventeen magazine! What a waste of money and trees! So I would just like both Obama and McCain and all other candidates running for the House and Senate to stop invading my TV time and my mailbox. (It's a little disheartening to see a full mailbox and think that I got a bunch of mail from people who love me, only to find out that Norm Coleman, Al Franken, Obama, and Erik Paulsen want me to help them paint the world with rainbows and hearts.) Don't get me wrong: this is an extremely important election, and I encourage everyone to educate themselves on the candidates and issues and then vote. It has just gotten to the point to where enough is enough. The End!


On a lighter note, here is a picture of Garrett and I in front of the St. Paul, Minnesota temple. A few weeks ago, we went to this temple for the first time since moving to Minnesota and it was just the peace and quiet I needed. I love the temple. No matter how chaotic, scary, or confused the world gets, I know that the temple is the one place where I can go to get answers, feel peace, and leave the outside world behind. Maybe I should go there next week once this election is over so I can de-stress and deflate.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...