April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Adee!

After clocking out of work the other night, I checked my phone and read the following text from Garrett: "As soon as you leave work, drive over to the Settler's Bay Lodge for dinner.  Don't worry about going home to change, I brought clothes for you."  As much as I wanted to just crash in my bed, I was starving and boy is their food delish!

Garrett had arranged a babysitter for the girls and we met up with Garrett's mom, sisters (Nicole and Adrienne), and brother-in-law to celebrate Adrienne's birthday.  I gorged myself on halibut and shrimp and ended my 5 week dairy and gluten-free diet with some creme brulee and bread pudding for dessert.  Yum!  The cherry on the top of the night was the fact that a high school prom was going on on the floor below us and we got to guess each song that played by the bass that vibrated our table (props to Adrienne for picking out "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" in the first measure).  The whole night was a great stress-reliever, relaxer, ab-exercise via laughter, and party for my taste-buds.

Happy Birthday, Adee!  Thanks for giving us a great excuse for an adults'-night-out filled with good food, good company, and amazing views. :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...