June 23, 2011

My new best friend


In the past year or so, I have noticed a lot of mothers carrying around their babies in something called a "Moby Wrap".  They all swear by their Moby Wrap: it is comfortable, offers great back support, and allows them to tote around baby while carrying on all of the days chores and activities.  
I figured out fast that having one of these would save my life and sanity.
Kenadie demands a lot of attention, Lila loves to be held (and has mastered the art of screaming like a gut-shot panther when her cries are not being answered with snuggles), and the chores, laundry, dishes, and meals don't get done by themselves!  
So I ordered one and am LOVING it.
My apartment is still a mess 75% of the time, the laundry seems to be never-ending, and I still have not cooked a gourmet meal in the past few weeks, but this wrap is helping me to keep some order and peace in our household.  
It's come in handy on walks and I get the feeling that it will be a lifesaver when we go to the Alaska State Fair this fall.
Someone somewhere has made their millions taking five yards of fabric and marketing it as "The Moby Wrap".  I'm just sad it wasn't me!

1 comment:

Meg said...

So, here's my question: do you really need the official wrap, or could you just make one at home (I'm just curious for the future for baby shower gifts and for myself)? What kind of fabric is it? It seems like a great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...