September 9, 2009

The past few weeks....

It's been a whirlwind involving all of the following:
- visiting family in San Diego
- moving to a new new city (Bloomington), ward and apartment
- watching Kenadie get cuter and cuter
- Garrett beginning his second year of Chiropractic school
- watching many movies that I have never seen while pacing the floors in the middle of the night holding my crying Kenadie :(
- cherishing Kenadie's happy moments :)
- finding some really good deals at Goodwill (a nice, new suit for Garrett and two pair of Eddie Bauer dress shoes all for under $30!)
- feasting on Kenadie's luscious cheeks
- getting a JOB!!! This one deserves a little paragraph~
After a whole year of not being able to find a job as a nurse (darn this recession!), I figured it would be nearly impossible to find a job that I would like and that would be flexible since I now have a baby and don't want to have to put her in day care. Well, lo and behold, a few weeks ago I got a call from a nursing home who had received my resume back in November. Well, they had been trying to fill an on-call RN position for some time, came upon my resume, and asked to interview me! The interview went great, the managers are super sweet, and they hired me on the spot. I'm on-call a few nights a week and will work on Saturdays doing foot care and training new nurse's aides while Garrett can be at home with Kenadie. I am so excited! After a very frustrating year of job hunting, Heavenly Father is really blessing me with the perfect job at the perfect time for this season of my life. I can't wait to start....

So aside from the above laundry list of things going on in our lives, I'll post some pictures of Kenadie for the grandparents' viewing pleasure:


Cheeks?! What cheeks!?!?

A precious moment of Kenadie sleeping:

Kenadie has taken to sucking on her fist while watching Baby Einstein videos:
I know I've said it before, but I love being a mom! Having an extremely colicky child cannot change motherhood from being the best thing ever (although it does make me think twice about wanting to have eight kids!). I can only imagine how much more I'll love it when Kenadie sleeps and grows out of her fussiness! :)

3 comments:

Talia said...

Ah, she is changing so much! I'm sorry to hear she is still not sleeping well. :( I'm sure she'll get it down soon! At least hopefully before you start working! Congrats on the job!!! I bet that is a huge relief.

Meg said...

SOOO cute! I love those chubby cheeks! And congrats on your job and the successful move. It sounds like you have had plenty to keep you busy lately, but if you ever get a chance, I'd love to catch up!

Claire Christensen said...

I'm Kenadie hungry!! I can't stand it, I want to hold her so badly!!! She is way to adorable! Thanks so much for sharing. Keep them coming, I cannot see too many pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...