January 6, 2010

Dear Anxiety,

I have a bone to pick with you.
It has recently come to my attention that YOU are a cause to some of my most loathed problems.
You see, I have the cutest, most perfect baby in the world except for one thing: she has issues sleeping. She falls asleep quite easily without needing to have Mom rock her to sleep. She loves her crib. She just wakes up crying A LOT during the night......until we went to Alaska for Christmas and my mom heroically volunteered to take Kenadie during the night and had her crib upstairs near her room so that I could get some nice, uninterrupted sleep (Merry Christmas to me!).
Well, suddenly Kenadie started sleeping like a champ for me mom, only waking up several times a night.
Was she cured?
Then during the last two nights we were in Alaska, I decided to get up with Kenadie during the night to give my mom a break. Both nights, Kenadie's sleep was craptacular.
So everyone in my parents' household has come to a general consensus:
I have anxiety over Kenadie not sleeping and when I'm around to tend to her in the middle of the night, she senses my anxiety and therefore doesn't sleep well.
Well, crapola.
I was unaware of all this anxiety, so I guess that it's subconscious anxiety.
Now that I'm aware of my subconscious anxiety, it is somehow making me consciously anxious and folks, that's just way too much anxiety in one sentence for me!
So.....how do I get rid of subconscious anxiety in order to terminate this annoying conscious anxiety so that I can be anxiety-free?
Riddle me that!
Anxiously yours,
Me

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Anxiety is fear, so what are you afraid of?

Holly June said...

Oh, geez! The inner workings of my psyche are a lot more complex than I thought! So......maybe I'm afraid of feeling like poo all the time from lack of sleep? I don't know!

Unknown said...

Oh Holly! I'm so sorry! Do you have the book Feelings buried alive never die? I'll call you with some info from it if you don't. Being aware is the first step. Your a WONDERFUL mother!! Love you!!

Clerk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire Christensen said...

I agree with Nicole. If you haven't read the Feelings book, I highly recommend it. If you read it read it again and do it! It will help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...